Wednesday, November 11, 2009


When we are not in Alabama for Thanksgiving, I make our traditional dinner:
Although my family loves the traditional dishes, I want to add something new to our traditional meal this year. That is why I am so thankful that Kim is hosting Tried and True Thanksgiving Recipes Week (Nove 9-13). Here's her agenda for the week.

  • Monday- Appetizers. Do you have a little something something while you're waiting for the bird to cook?
  • Tuesday- Sides. Hot or Cold. I'm looking forward to this one as I'm always on the look out for a new side to try.
  • Wednesday- Main dish. Yes I know that most of us cook a turkey and call it done. But do you fry it, roast it, season it, smoke it? I wanna know. I'm always up for change there too. Oh and some of you may even cook a ham or beef. Let us know.
  • Thursday- Dessert. In my family everyone has a favorite pie so we usually end up with 5-6 pies.
  • Friday- Thanksgiving Traditions! Yes on this day I want to know what it is you always do on Thanksgiving.The memories you've made. This is the day to get nostalgic! There is always memories associated with food. Share them!
I would put the ham in the oven, after warming the side dishes. Once in awhile, I would I add a roasted turkey to our meal. If my sister, mom, and brother-in-law joins us, I would forget the turkey and have a  roasted duck, instead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates