Monday, February 11, 2008

Cranberry Cheesecake Bars


For the sake of our health, We've been trying to change our diet. We've reduced our salt intake, eat more vegetables, and are more conscientious of what goes in our bodies. We have not completely eliminate deserts and starch.

I have found recipes that have less fat and sugar, but still tastes good. For the next several weeks, I will be posting low-fat meals and deserts. Enjoy.




  • 2 cups plus 2 tablespoon all-purpose flour, divided
  • 1 cup quick-cooking oats
  • 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup butter, melted
  • 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
  • 1 can (14 ounces) fat-free sweetened condensed milk
  • 4 egg whites
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 can (16 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
  • 2 tablespoons cornstarch
  1. In a large bowl, combine 2 cups flour, oats, brown sugar and butter; mix until crumbly. Press 2-1/2 cups of crumb mixture into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
  2. In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in the milk, egg whites, vanilla and remaining flour. Spoon over prepared crust. In a small bowl, combine the cranberry sauce and cornstarch. Spoon over cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle with the remaining crumb mixture. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until the center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack before cutting.

4 Comments:

  1. Shani said...
    Ooooh, they look delicious!! I just wish we didn't have so many dairy allergies here... *sigh*

    Thanks for sharing, and have a great weekend!
    ~Shani
    Andi Carter said...
    Oh, .... yum! thank goodness I don't have those ingredients on hand or I would be tempted to make them! LOL

    Having just returned from a week on our homestead, 15 miles from the nearest town, has helped me eat only what is at our place--which isn't much, I assure you. Beans and potatoes, granola, and a little fruit. Oatmeal and milk. Sure keeps the weight down, I'm happy to say. But when I came home to the West Side last night I had....a small bowl of ice cream. I'd been 'without' too long. LOL
    Pam said...
    Those look delicious! Thanks for sharing the recipe.
    Pam
    bubbebobbie said...
    What a grea recipe just in time for Thansgiving. Yum!
    Because of Jesus, Bobbie

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates